Fall is a beautiful time of the year and a great time to sell your Dallas, Georgia home – the leaves change to vibrant colors, the crisper air brings needed relief, and the grass needs cutting a little less often. However, there are a few unique items to keep in mind when selling in the fall.
- Rake all the leaves. Do not allow your yard to become covered in leaves. While you may think it adds a special autumn feel to the home, it only makes it look messy and unkempt. Show off your yard by raking up all of the leaves.
- Clean out the gutters. Speaking of leaves, you’d be surprised how many home buyers will notice the gutters, especially in the fall when it’s easy for them to fill up with leaves. With clogged gutters, a potential buyer is going to think,͞ Great, my first home project would be climbing up a ladder and cleaning out the gutters. No thank you.
- Spice up you fireplace. When buyers inspect Dallas homes in the fall, their mind drifts towards the cold weather coming soon, and how nice it would be to cozy up to a warm fireplace. Make sure you clean up any debris or soot in the fireplace – consider hiring a professional if necessary – and adorn the mantle with candles and flavors of fall.
- Inspect your furnace. While on the subject of colder weather, bring in an HVAC professional to ensure that your furnace is working properly. Buyers will likely ask about the heating system, especially if the day is chilly, and the last thing you want is for a potential buyer to walk into a freezing cold house.
- Invoke the sense of smell. When people think of autumn, they think of apple pies, pumpkin lattes, candy corn and warm cider. Bake a pie or brew some pumpkin-flavored coffee just before a potential buyer comes to view your home. Alternatively, use scented candles to invoke a sense of smell.
- Use fall-themed decorations. Remember to not go over-the-top in holiday decorations, especially Halloween decorations, but consider subtler ornaments for the house and yard, such as one or two pumpkins, a cornucopia, and orange and yellow flowers.